TaBeck1990

Ahhhh help please

i'd try moving stuff in the tank around, move the rocks/caves, what ever is in the tank, make new areas, and try to add more then 1 fish, make them all feel like they are new, they will have to all find new territories,

thats what i'd do, but i'm sure somebody else will give you some more ideas,

As steveandjules said re-arrange all the rocks, cave and plants completely then add your new fish in.

How big is your tank? if it's a small set up I would reduce maingano to just 1 or 2 and more electric yellow because maingano is the most return fish (aggressive). Good luck

Cheers

yep it would be the maingano causing trouble.

like others have said take everything out of the tank and it put it all back in with at least 5+ more fish.

you can never have too many rocks in your african tank.

but you may still have a problem/super aggressive fish.

As mentioned above try adding a few fish at a time when the lights are off or when your feeding - it'll spread any abuse around till the pecking order gets worked out.

i wouldn't give the danio a name, best not to get too attached to him if hes in a tank full of cichlids!

You really need some more mbuna in there, or maybe some peacocks.

The key for african tank harmony is to overstock.

I have 30-35 mbuna in a similar sized tank.

But with overstocking you have to keep a close eye on water quality. (feeding amounts etc.)

good luck :)

You really need some more mbuna in there, or maybe some peacocks.

The key for african tank harmony is to overstock.

I have 30-35 mbuna in a similar sized tank.

But with overstocking you have to keep a close eye on water quality. (feeding amounts etc.)

good luck :)

ok i'm fairly new to africians what is mbuna?

at the moment I have 3 red forest jewels growing out and I'm about to get 6 Humpheads and 3 convicts (i know they are american but they seem to work well with africians)

Don't put too many convict in the African tank because they are super aggressive when they in breeding, if you really want to put convict in there then maybe one.

You can add some peacock like blue peacock, tangerines peacock, dragon blood peacock, flametail peacock, yellow peacock (sunshine Peacock) and OB peacock.

For mbuna, depend on what type but try to avoid the Melanochromis familly like maingano, auratus and chipokae because they are super aggressive other than that you can add one of each species they work well for me. Good luck

Cheers, Ryan

Mbuna's like - Mpanga, Elongatus (Neon Spot etc etc), Hongi, Cobwe, Flavus, Demasoni etc. Just be careful with the humpheads as if they are like 1-2cm the Crimson Tides and maingano's with have a delicious feed of tender juicy baby humpy's! HTH

Mbuna's like - Mpanga, Elongatus (Neon Spot etc etc), Hongi, Cobwe, Flavus, Demasoni etc. Just be careful with the humpheads as if they are like 1-2cm the Crimson Tides and maingano's with have a delicious feed of tender juicy baby humpy's! HTH

Yeah, hump head not really able to survive with a bunch of mbuna unless they are fully grow but even fully grow one might find it hard to put up with those mbuna.

I heard someone told me that the fully grow demasoni killed a big venustus which hard to believe but it could happen.

Edited by Supercobwe

ok i'm fairly new to africians what is mbuna?

at the moment I have 3 red forest jewels growing out and I'm about to get 6 Humpheads and 3 convicts (i know they are american but they seem to work well with africians)

Here have a read of these Malawi Mbuna cichlids - compatibility with other fish

Cichlids - Mbuna

Mbuna Cichlids from Lake Malawi in East Africa.

Malawi Cichlids

the non-mbuna in lake Malawi is the peacocks family.

Edited by Supercobwe

Hmmmm. The hump heads will be grown out first but I may have to reconsider my fishies. The hump heads are a must tho, I absolutely love them!

Not say you can't have them but maybe they have to be the first fish in there and much bigger than others to start with because even electric yellow can be nasty.

There are so many awesome africans out there to choose from for your tank other than opting for convicts, which as supercob says require different water conditons to thrive.

Me personally, I dont even mix tangs and malawi's.

There are heaps of peacocks around that are just stunning. Id be going for a heap of those.

Yea I'm getting some peacocks and I really want some rusty cichlids but havnt yet found them

Come to this Saturday FEBRUARY 4th

QUEENSLAND AQUARIUM HOBBYISTS AUCTION

AUCTION STARTS 5.00PM

FISH IN FROM 3.30PM

CABOOLTURE HIGH SCHOOL HALL

LEE ST CABOOLTURE

near hospital

for more information check out our website at

http://www.qah.org.au

There will heaps of African, I will be there. Cheers