Kremit

suprise!! i got baby cories...

hey guys,,

just got home from 2 weeks away working to find maybe half a dozen+ (keep finding more) baby panda cories, funny thing is i didnt think that the parents were quite old enough to breed...

I had only just moved the 7 adolecent cories from a 5ft community tank (a few bristlenose , a couple of clown loaches and quite a few plants) into there own 2ft tank. I moved them just before i left for work, and when i came back i found babies in both tanks.

Should i attempt to move the babies out of the 5ft tank, and either put them in with the bigger ones, or maybe into there own tank,, or is it ok just to leave them in with the bristlenose and clown loaches??

should i remove the babies from the new cory only tank?? will the bigger cories eat the bubs??

Congrats on the spawn! baby cories are so so cute!

I would say the bubs will be fine as long as they are in a densely decorated tank, perhaps chuck in a bunch of elodea or similar for them to retreat to. I haven't heard of cories eating babies before, bubs are fragile too so best to move the other bigger fish if you do want to move anything.

yeah thanks,,, they're pretty cool, always moving just like there parents. I was more worried about the clown loaches feasting on the babies, but the tank is pretty heavily planted, and there is a fair bit of drift wood in there for the bristlenose, think it should be ok.

yeah thanks guys,, i'm thinking about using my 5 ft for a sump so gonna have to empty it anyways, like i said, the only thing im really concerned about is the clowns, but tank is densly decorated, half of it is planted fairly heavily, the other half is full of driftwood and rocks, so plenty of hidey holes...

appreciate the advice guys...

thanks

Tim

Sooo funny.. I came home from being in hospital with my son while he got his tonsils out ... away a few days and came home put some food in the tank and noone was hungry ... then saw albino cory eggs covering one leaf of a plant and the glass... was sad as i ran out to get whatever needed to look after them and came home and the loaches had eaten the lot.... but she is fat as again so i am fully prepared now... good luck with your babies ... .i love panda ones .. i have 2 ... :-)