hey guys i recently purchased a saltwater tank and i set up everything back to how the guy i bought it off had it and even kept all the water. my lionfish has been fine ever since but jsut recently hes starting moving realy slow and kinda floating on his side and upside down does anywone know why he could be like this ??????? i checked the salinty and ph and ammonia and nitrate and nitrite and they all seem to be fine(mind you i am new to the whole saltwater thing). WOT COULD IT BE ???? the onlything different i did from when the other guy had the tank is put a big airpump going under the live rock cause the guy at my lfs told me to to give the live rock a boost seeing as it was a long trip in the back of my ute and some of the bacteria may have died. and it does kinda look like the air bubbles are sticking to the underside of my fish and its almost like he cant keep his balance, do these fish have problems with the swim bladders or anything? anyway any help will be greatly appreicated.

If it is not the food you have recently fed it than it is most likely the water conditions.

PH buff your tank after a one third to fifty percent water change and keep your water the best you can to help it get over its problems.

Your nitrite and amonia should be zero.

Salinity should be ..25 and temp sholud be between 22 to 28.

It may be bacteria in it's food or even a spike if it was a fish it had last.

Don't put bubbles in your marine tank.

It will annoy your fishes muccus coating and will kill inverts over time.

The best thing to do is to use a water pump(power head) aimed up at the surface to break it's tension to increase oxygen i your tnak,if needed.

Good luck! :)