tutters187

Enantiopus Melanogeny

Hey guys,

bought some melos from smiley a few months back, (will get you some buckets too Pete!!) i got a breeding colony of 2M, 2F and 1? and several fry and seen that 1 of the 4.5cm fry is holding :woohoo:

Never would have thought that the juvies would breed before their parents!!! Parents do the dance but have seen no loving yet.

Very happy about this hopefully the fry hold full term, will try to get some pics to add tomorrow arv.

Cheers

Stace

good to hear

in my experience it seems adult fish take longer to settle in after a shift nice juves and young fish move and settle quickly

for example if i shift any of hte plecos it takes em atleast one month just to get used to the new tank big fronts were another problem they sulked

good luck

peter

Thanks Pete,

i had them on there own for awhile very shy, then put in a male lepto bulu and they were heaps better, will be moving them on the weekend to a new tank set up for them and thinking of putting my nigripinnis in with them.

Awesome fish! Very happy with them - especailly under a UV they are awesome and display more with the light.

Ziggy told me to put them infront of a window/door for the direct sunlight so fingers crossed the parents will get something happening soon.

Stace

yes theyre like tropheus and respond and display with good lights

when people were coming over id put the lights on and by the time they got there the fish would be on the go

dither fish work well i had the leptos in iwht em the only prob was stripping ht bubs maybe theyre like leptos and do well in bigger number would love to see a full display with maybe 39 of em

peter