PeachFitz

Bristlenose Breeding help?

Gday mate and also welcome aboard,

I find that with Bristlenose caties the best way to breed is to keep it simple, I usual set up a breeding tank (2ft per pair /trio) and use a fine gravel substr8 about 30mm deep and I like to have some plants like thin Val in a corner with some driftwood (they need this) and then put in a breeding cave/ hollow log or a half terricota pot. as for filtration you can use spungy's or a small internal filter either works well. As for food it is good to vary diet from fresh cucumber/zucini/ blanched lettuce, also feed out some algea waffers and occasional flake and blood worms. it is also ok to have some endlers guppies with them as they can be nice to liven up tank and also usualy show up most complications before B/N's show anything.

You also dont need alot of light so they are relativly cheap to breed and most importantly great fun and great looking caty's.

Cheers

Johno

I like the idea of plants (live) in my tanks for all my breeding L's and BN's as they can have a nibble on them and also plants are a great way to help with oxygen (in case of black out) and they use waste products of fish so it can be a win win all around and for a little money they can give the fish alot of joy and you. just my thoughts