luckyfish

food for baby cory fry

I seem to be asking so many questions on here and making so many threads but everyone is so helpful and quick to respond.

I have separated my corydora eggs from their parents tank and they begun hatching within minutes of me putting them into a fry container, I gave them some really fine powder as food (mix of pellets etc that have been blended in the magic bullet :P) but just wondering if this is OK or should I go out and buy some stuff especially made just for baby fry?

Also.... I've got them in a half filled 4 litre ice-cream container with an airstone, do I replace some of the water daily or every few days and do I keep adding metho.blue or is the one drop I put in today enough?....also lol do I lower the water right down or is half of a 4 litre container or?

I sound like a total newbie but haven't tried hatching cory eggs like this before

IMG_3978.jpg

Thanks guys :)

Methylene Blue is an old school remedy for the prevention of fungal and bacterial infections. it's used alot with hatching fry especially for species that don't stick around to fan their eggs or new parents that don't know much about brood care yet. it also has algae preventing qualities as it stains the water a blue colour preventing red, yellow and green light spectrums for feeding any potential algae. basically plants and algae don't really use blue spectrum. meth blue as an algae prevention is more of an off label application but it seems to work but as said more used for eggs and newly hatched fry...