70shw

Ebjd help!!!

Ok so i got this pair of JD'S the other night, the female is a EBJD and the male is split gene, i have them in a 3 ft tank with a few hiding places.The female is just sitting near the top of the water, the male seems to be trying to breed with her but she doens't seem to be interested, i guess my question is, is this normal or will he kill her or whats the go? Any help would be much appreciated as this is my 1st time trying to getting fish to breed haha i no not the best fish for me to start breeding but these fish are amazing. Thanks

Its always better to have a bigger ebjd than the split, ebjd are wimps and get beaten up pretty easy, ive got a ebjd male, split female pair, the male was smaller and didnt defend himself against the girl real well, ended up putting him in my 6 footer to grow abit

Yer the EBJD female is smaller then the spilt, they seemed to be going ok, i just noticed them a bit funny when i got home from tafe today. He didn't show me fry but he said they had breed before

:/

Yer the EBJD female is smaller then the spilt, they seemed to be going ok, i just noticed them a bit funny when i got home from tafe today. He didn't show me fry but he said they had breed before

:/

I'd keep an eye on them, that ebjd might get a serious beating if youre not careful, time will tell if your split is actually a split

Male will most likely beat the female. Get a divider in there asap or get something in there that the smaller one can get into but the larger cannot. don't risk it.