tuffy_rana

pics please ?

i know some peeps are genuinely interested in buying hence the "pics please" bit....but is it just me or are there lotsa pic collectors around of late? just seems odd i guess as google is fulla better pics then most of us ( yes a couple of you are awesome photograhers ) are capable of taking. as a matter of point i dont do pics because i dont have a capable stills camera and the camera phone i have has bad lag. i do take the occasional vid of some fish but its more to share with mates then perfect strangers i guess. i dunno.....just a curiousity i stumbled across i think.......... hmmmmmmmmmmm

its a hard one, i take 100 pics and maybe a few are good enough to use for selling, so sometimes its easier to just say google, then at times its nice to see what your looking at buying, so for me if i get a good pic i'll use it, if i don't, then i won't, sometimes i think a bad pic can ruin a sale, a lot also would be who i'm dealing with, some i would trust without a second thought, others i'd want to see 20 pics, :)

Certainly a pic can sometimes help, especially when you're looking at buying expensive fish. Yes, we know what they look like but i'm sure we've all seen some very poor examples of fish or misquoted sizes/sexes etc. Like steveandjules say, it depends who you're dealing with as to how much trust you have in them. The majority of people i have met through this forum i am happy to buy from again with or without a pic. Sure, i have bought plenty of fish without seeing pics of them first, but i guess the other side of the coin is if you were buying a car and the seller told you to google it to find out what it looks like what would you think?

Can be tough getting a decent pic though.

yeah all valid points but what i was hinting at is peeps collecting pics rather then wanting to buy the fish. its all good in a perfect world yes but take the fish selling websites for instance. they dont take pics of the exact fish you are buying etc. of course there a variances in any fish spp but there is no gaurantee the pics you get will be the fish on offer anyway. i dont supply pics and if its at the expense of a sale from someone thats like "i dont buy without pics" its a bit.... "meh.....next cab of the rank". i look at it this way.....go into the shed and piss around taking a pic and then loading it up and then post it. then say "so what ya think ?" to the pic requester and get " looks saweet.....not interested in buying but.......goodluck with the sale".

maybe its just me having a pessimistic day but i thought it was on the increase.......a fair bit :lol:

Digital camera's are pretty cheap now. The photo helps you sell the item. You only have to worry about the issue if you do not take a pic.

I have a pics of all the fish I sell and I do not have the problem....One way of not having to get PM's and time wasted.

yeah they are cheap.....well cheap ones are anyway. was looking at a low range DSLR and found them around $1200.00. maybe in the not too distant future i will get one :lol:

Had that happen

They sound really keen as if a pic will seal

The deal so I rush myself into the shed at

Like 9pm take pics of my sleepy fish and

The answer I get if I get one is yeah I'll

Let you know mate

People that know me and my fish would

Buy on my say so as I buy and breed

The best I can find

Funniest pic I was asked for was Egg crate ?

FJ

i can understand if its "a fullu sic ride with big rubber and smiko paint, pumpin jams and notey pipes" yada yada yada but if its a 4x2x2 tank only, or sailfin pleco 20cm , or common brissie bred mono pbass 10cm etc etc would it really be a "pic please" to seal the deal. dont worry junkie if you tell me you are selling i take it as gospel that im gettin some saweet fish. guess im more about the trusting and have learnt who are honest and generous. obviously if i havnt dealt with you i dont know what im getting, but if i buy poo......... i never deal with the seller again. trusted sellers are a pleasure to deal with after the first meeting and the rest dont get a second helping ;) JMHO

yeah they are cheap.....well cheap ones are anyway. was looking at a low range DSLR and found them around $1200.00. maybe in the not too distant future i will get one :lol:

hey man try here. aussie site, aussie stock. awesome prices. for ages i thought a DSLR was out of my reach but a cannon eos 550D twin IS lens kit for less than $700 says otherwise.

Canon Kiss X4 Twin Kit with 18-55 and 55-250mm IS Lens / Canon EOS 550D Twin Kit Digital SLR Camera :: Canon :: Digital SLR Cameras - eGlobaL Digital Cameras Online Store

just put fish aside for a minute but still on the same topic of pic's! we as rentals are so sick of real estates adds that have at least ten pics of the property and they all are of bloody corners or door frames or fish eye of a room, or of the bed in the bed room....... take a proper pic of what ppl want to see.........it's like krusty the clown taught them how to take a pic!

this pulls my goat!!

hey man try here. aussie site, aussie stock. awesome prices. for ages i thought a DSLR was out of my reach but a cannon eos 550D twin IS lens kit for less than $700 says otherwise.

Canon Kiss X4 Twin Kit with 18-55 and 55-250mm IS Lens / Canon EOS 550D Twin Kit Digital SLR Camera :: Canon :: Digital SLR Cameras - eGlobaL Digital Cameras Online Store

It's not aussie stock mate. They're based in Hong Kong..............the au in their website is to pull you in. that said, I've had all my gear off them and no probs, other than freight charges............but even with that, their prices are the best.

See the other thing is that if you are new to the forum - no one has a reputation. If you say well just google it - well try it, google electric yellow and go to the images - they are a common fish and to me the pictures are worlds apart. But which one's of the electric yellows do you have and I have to come over to find out.

Egg create yeah have to agree. No need for a pic.

You may also miss the opportunity to meet a good person too.

See the other thing is that if you are new to the forum - no one has a reputation. If you say well just google it - well try it, google electric yellow and go to the images - they are a common fish and to me the pictures are worlds apart. But which one's of the electric yellows do you have and I have to come over to find out.

Egg create yeah have to agree. No need for a pic.

You may also miss the opportunity to meet a good person too.

nah i meet all the good peeps on here ;) its all a part and parcel of the "social butterfly" i am. if a noobie posts a for sale for a spp. i am interested in i will go and gets some off them....... pics or not. its a lil rich on my part i guess because honestly i have asked for pics before. the difference i guess is that when i ask for pics its because i an interested in the fish.....buying it that is not collecting its pic. i requested some pics of a clown knife just in the last couple of days because their markings can differ a lil and yes electric cream vs electric yellow is a need for a pic. i guess i only posted to get a considered opinion from others and its not like i an "anti pic" just a case of if needed yes.....if generic meh. nearly everyone i have bought off on here has been without pics. i take a chance and live a lil. if its not what i wanted so what. i wasted a lil time and fuel but maybe still meet a nice person? just saying in the big scheme of things yep pics are useful and nice etc but if you are just requesting em for your collection....... maybe you are a lil different.

you may ask "how do i know the person asking for the pics isnt interested?" ...........my answer........im talented that way :lol:

i know some peeps are genuinely interested in buying hence the "pics please" bit....but is it just me or are there lotsa pic collectors around of late? just seems odd i guess as google is fulla better pics then most of us ( yes a couple of you are awesome photograhers ) are capable of taking. as a matter of point i dont do pics because i dont have a capable stills camera and the camera phone i have has bad lag. i do take the occasional vid of some fish but its more to share with mates then perfect strangers i guess. i dunno.....just a curiousity i stumbled across i think.......... hmmmmmmmmmmm

good post tuffy...but ummmm can we have a couple pics to help illustrate your point:razz:

Edited by aquaaddict
spelling

It's not aussie stock mate. They're based in Hong Kong..............the au in their website is to pull you in. that said, I've had all my gear off them and no probs, other than freight charges............but even with that, their prices are the best.

Right you are. I stand corrected :)

I guess the point of asking for a photo and not being up front and stating that it for you collection is just a little selfish and hope to think that these people do not exist.

Just to beat Aquaaddict to it - yes it is selfish to ask people for photo's that sellfish.

not too certain what you beat me to lol, NM...is it selfish to sellfish or shellfish?

seriously, who would collect the pictures in the first place? is there some new trading card fad im not aware of lol.

I guess the point of asking for a photo and not being up front and stating that it for you collection is just a little selfish and hope to think that these people do not exist.

Just to beat Aquaaddict to it - yes it is selfish to ask people for photo's that sellfish.

not too certain what you beat me to lol, NM...is it selfish to sellfish or shellfish?:-P

seriously, who would collect the pictures in the first place? is there some new trading card fad im not aware of lol.