drarcon

How to keep fry alive in community tank

have got this mixed tropical tank 3ft x 15 x18 ..4 ellioti 4 angels 2 ghost knifes and some tetras....a couple of 2ft tanks one with salousi colony and 1 with blue rams ....and a hospital tank nursing a savagely beating alibino peacock from my 4ft tank.....

suck em out wen they are sleeping thats the easiest way as they should be all buched together

not picking blade ,,,but allot of newbie's and inexpiriencd ppl/member's need a few more details ,ie air hose to syphen , dont put the container you are syphening into to mutch lower than the tank as to reduce the presure/flow to reduce damageing the eggs , just how sticky are thees eggs , water needs to be pristine from the same tank ,temp,ph need to match

hence the eason i asked what els he has ,befor giving advice ,,

probably leave the 4 eliots and kids/eggs in thair tank and take the rest out ? put the rest in with the rams add extra filtration on the rams tank ,to cope with the extra/fish ,this is only a temporary solution ,,

As for eliots not my thing you need to hear from someone expiriencd asto weather the 2 extra will cause problems .

i'm with goneself, they won't last, you might get a few that hide good, but i have lost several batches lately and those angels, they will just line up and wait, they love new fry, i even tried egg crate to divide the tank, but the fry are stupid and swam through the egg crate, and ghost knives just love live food,

seriously, if you want fry, take them out,

What about making a bit of a frysaver like an icecream container with holes in it for circulation suction cupped or something to the side and with an airstone in it suspend the eggs/fry in a net in the container? Then nothing can get in there and suck them out.