darbwah

filter from hell

I went down to redlands pet centre the other week to get a new filter. I ended up level with a nautilus 600. Got it home and set it up to find no hose tap piece. They sent me a new part out asap and i put it all together. I went to work and got a call a couple of hours later from the missus "why is there water all over the floor?" Hmmmm is it near the fish tank? Yes. Sure enough it was leaking everywhere. Called up rpc again and told them, they tried to organise an exchange at a morayfield aquarium as we are on the northside. I ended up going back down to redlands and got my filter replaced and is now working fine. Big thanks to Bec at redlands for all your help, youre a legend. Customer service was awesome, everyone should buy all their aquarium stuff there. Not sure what was wrong with the original one but the replacement is sweet.

a couple pieces missing doesn't make a filter from hell. that sounds like human error (mainly your own for not checking the components properly before and after opperation) when the filter is rated for a certain volume and doesn't come close to the capacity and spend hundreds of dollars on Bio booster and loose a heap of fish before you realise it's not capable, that's when you have problems!

Pond One 15000UV is not rated for a 30000ltr pond (general rule is half filtration for volume of pond) let alone a 15000ltr pond.

mate i did check the components before operation and they werent there. hence getting the part sent out. then it leaked so i got a new one. thought i would tell people that RPC did a good job. what does filter capacity, bio booster and pond filtration have to do with that??

it means human error isn't a filter from hell... You forgot to check it after you switched it on.

A filter that doesn't do what it's suppose to do or a filter that has constant problems / faliures is a filter from hell as the tittle implies.

I'm glad they helped you out and you got one that works, sorry didn't mean to offend.