ashman01

Most Expensive Feeder fish you have ever had

This thread is for the most expensive fish that has ever been eaten on you.

First up mine was a $4 molly by my lion fish,

Then a $6 damsel twice by my painted cray,

Then lastly a $70 panther/butterfly cod by my lion.

I am devo'd about it. Anyone else had a lose like this?

$200 Black Calvus 15 cm long,

Calvus harassed a frontosa about 27 cms long so he turned around an nipped him back pinning him agn the glass, crushed something in his head cause he died shortly after it, unfortantly i saw it which didnt make things better, i couldnt move fast enough to do anything about it ither, i removed the frontosa hoping that the calvus would recover, he died about 30 mins later, then the pleco was all over him by the time i had lunch >< dam.

$27 cuckoo catfish... it was ~7cm long so I thought it would be safe from my biggest cichlid (a ~12cm male jack dempsey) but it started thrashingthe surface not long after I put it in my tank & that seemed to make the dempsey very hungry! a couple of bites later & it was gone. :/

4 x Kiku Brichardi $23 each.

I had them in a netted off area in the main tank for two weeks while I moved things around so they could have their own tank. One morning I woke up to find that 7 had turned into 3. A juvi Frontosa had somehow got into the netted area & had a Brichardi in his mouth that was almost as big as he was. I saved that fish but there was four more missing. The remaining three were quickly moved into a bucket.

The Frontosa sized up fairly quickly after that.

$200 Black Calvus 15 cm long,

Calvus harassed a frontosa about 27 cms long so he turned around an nipped him back pinning him agn the glass, crushed something in his head cause he died shortly after it, unfortantly i saw it which didnt make things better, i couldnt move fast enough to do anything about it ither, i removed the frontosa hoping that the calvus would recover, he died about 30 mins later, then the pleco was all over him by the time i had lunch >< dam.

That takes the cake. I would of been crushed. 2 years of growing + just to die a sad death.

lol id luv to see an oscar get smashed by a barra lol

my mate used to have a turtle a jack and a barra in his tank

we went down to the river and cast netted lil mullet

when we got them into the tank it was the funniest thing EVER!!!