woodie03

I feel totally stupid....Fish ID please

Guys I have no idea what these are.

I set a really nice planted tank for my best mate and his daughter with about 200 Cherry Shrimp and pep Bn fry.

The tank was going really well. Looked awesome.

Then a friend of his called him and said, I have heaps of these fish....do you want some?

He said sure......

They're cichlids........need I say more but neither he or I have any idea what they are other than Cichlids.

could someone make me feel real special and tell me what type of Cichlid they are please.

006-6.jpg

004-11.jpg

I'm sorry about the poor quality photos....I'm not good at taking pictures

Nice looking convicts. Not to worry Woodie..we all lubs ya.

aww shucks lol

I tell yas...I was very disappointed they put these in the planted tank before asking.......If only they asked first....

Now they want the plants and shrimp back.........The kid (she's virtually my niece) is 10 on friday, what could I say but of course......so she's getting my planted tank for her birthday

They are quiet aggressive in time of breeding but I don't really know if the BN be ok with them because I never keep them before only researches. I suppose if you have the BN log then should be ok, let see what other members have to say on this. Good luck.

Cheers, Ryan

Just a word of caution with the bristlie... I know they are tough little so and so's and I have had them in with breeding convicts before. However, another thing to consider is, despite the convicts legendary offspring protection, I found my bristlies doing nocturnal egg raiding feasts with military precision! If you aren't too fussed about breeding rabbits... I mean convicts... then it should be OK, but especially in a 3ft tank you'll still need to give the b/n some good shelter into which to retreat should the convicts start really arcing up.

Best of luck :)