tanah4128

Nexus Filtration QUESTIONS

I do not have one but in speaking with Ben at AOA and in the reading that I had done I was curious on how larger partials would be treated. It would seem that this may still be an issue and he did suggest the Cetus Sieve may assist in this. So if you are running a system and then running it into a Nexus you may need or want to run it into a Sieve and then if you wanted to adjust the water conditions you may then run it into a sump or similar.

I'm not familiar with the nexus eazypod, I run a nexus 300 in my fishroom, which has the static K1 media bed as the mechanical filter, and a "moving" K1 media bed as the biological filter. I just backwash the static bed twice a week to get rid of all the accumulated particles. You may be able to get more info from the manufacturers website :

Koi Pond Filters | Koi Filters, Eazy Pod, Nexus, Answer | Evolution Aqua Ltd

Cheers, Doug

Edited by DFishkeeper

Its cheaper to gravity feed it if you can, as you only need one pump, but my tanks aren't high enough so I had to drain into a low sump, them pump into the nexus above the sump, then use another pump to return filtered water to the tanks from another low sump. If you want to have a look at both options on a nexus 200, Mark at Smiths Aquarium at Boondall uses pump fed nexus 200's in the shop, and Russ at Redlands Pet Centre has his gravity fed in the shop. My setup is similar to Marks at Smith's.

Cheers, Doug