Hey Mate,

That doesn't sound overly good - usually signs of a problem with the swim bladder which allows a fish to stay centred.

Is it constantly upside down? Or when it swims do you find it twists and turns on its side?...

Not alot that can be done from experience if it is bladder related.

There are a few causes to this symptom (if it is infact a ruptured swim bladder) which you can read about here:

http://www.flippersandfins.net/SwimbladderDisease.htm

There are on occasions time when a fish has taken in excess air causing a 'bubble' inside their stomachs which can throw them off centre, this usually passes after time when the air is excreted - Frontosa's seem to get this alot with their 'boppy' swim patterns... It doesn't usually result in the fish swimming upside down though...

Hope its not the bladder issue...

Good luck.

Todd

That's no good mate...

If you decide to put it out of its misery so to speak, you can place the fish in a suitable size container with a lid and place it in the freezer.

It is one of the more humane ways to put it to rest...

That's no good mate...

If you decide to put it out of its misery so to speak, you can place the fish in a suitable size container with a lid and place it in the freezer.

It is one of the more humane ways to put it to rest...

sucks when the kids go looking for icecreams but :esup:

ahh that sucks mate hate to see em go :cry:

he's gone frozen a few tears were shed but good now there is an up side the female has been relocated to the american community tank so now the brasili tank will be a african community tank the dpi wanted one of my brasilis because i caught them out of the local creek but there still not getting it.The funeral will be tomorrow at ten no flowers please

Heaps!!! The dams got em all through it, and the creeks would have HEAPS. The dpi or whatever it is, is killing them at the dam but they've gotten beyond there.Troys been to the dam a few times and theres still heaps out there. Troy caught ours at slippery crossing 2 1/2 maybe 3 years ago, they were only small, and i think it was 5 others that he gave away. They breed so well. Hope you dont mind me replying, troys barra fishing :fish: and put me in charge.

from Amanda ( Mrs Dogballs) :innocent:

Sorry to hear about ya daddy brasili

Didn't realise it was him you had to put down when you mentioned it yeasterday would have been sad time :sob:

We'll do our best to carry his genes on another generation! thanks for the juvies!

funny you got him out of the creek over there would have never thought..