Matmatmat

Baby Ranchu tank

Cheers! It is hard to try and make a tank look nice when gravel isn't the best option? Ranchu feed at the bottom and aren't Always the best at knowing the difference between food and rocks.. I kinda tried to just make mini scapes in the teracota bases and have another larger one on the way, I was lucky enough to score some really nice and also not so easy to find mosses and fissenden from a guy in Victoria from another forum so it should all come together and look nicer in a week or two! Lol it is kinda as goldenswimmers said to me "where's the fish?" there will be more in there soon! Just waiting on some to grow out! :) hint hint Brent;)

You've done an awesome job Mat!!! Im going to copy your style mate on those pot bases and get some real nice japanese style scenery happening as you have shown...get some nice mosses going(as you are doing)....this has a real nice simple japanese look about it...once all the plants kick in and the mosses..they'll be like little islands....winner!...and not much longer mate ;) ha ha..when your fish get size to them as well it'll just emphasize the fish more....top stuff mate

Ha cheers copy away! The teracota things have planted tank substrate in the bottom for the roots then larger river rocks so the little mouths can't get at it.. I'll update when the new work is complete! I'm glad you guys like it although they did pass the test from my biggest critic ...wife thinks its pretty!:)

That's so pretty! I'm going to use that idea! Wonder if it will work with a gravel base as well??

Definitely would work ! I just came up with the idea as a way of hiding the small substrate from little mouths that will eat anything that fits in their mouths.. Could try larger size gravel with root tabs to fertilize the plants? But that is hard to clean and get all the poop out.