clipper

1am... finished the fishwork for the day. Start again in about 14 hrs =)

Started at 8pm and was only going to do one tank. Found babies in said tank so had to pull apart two other tanks to make room for the new additions. Once all that was finally sorted I decided to do a 70% water change on the 6x2x2 pep breeding tank and then the double four foot system. After all that was said and done i went ahead and changed the water in my discus tanks and then did a 50% water change on my frontosa's 8 foot tank.

Safe to say I can't look at dirty tanks and not clean them.

What fish crazy stories about cleaning gone wrong do you have?

How about...

I was nearing the end of a water change on my last display tank at all hours of the morning, staring and day dreaming into the tank watching my festae frolic about below and not realizing the quickly rising water had already overflowed onto my bamboo floor (which is the slipperiest surface on Earth when wet). Whalloping Web Snappers Spidey I said to myself and jumped back, went @ss up, legs in the air and come down square on my right rotor cuff, smashed my shoulder and knocked myself out. I only woke up because I was sucking in aquarium water from the floor.

I managed to clean everything up before dragging myself off to emergency at about 4am.

I think that particular tank got a 100% water change that morning :D

Started at 8pm and was only going to do one tank. Found babies in said tank so had to pull apart two other tanks to make room for the new additions. Once all that was finally sorted I decided to do a 70% water change on the 6x2x2 pep breeding tank and then the double four foot system. After all that was said and done i went ahead and changed the water in my discus tanks and then did a 50% water change on my frontosa's 8 foot tank.

Safe to say I can't look at dirty tanks and not clean them.

What fish crazy stories about cleaning gone wrong do you have?

lol sounds like my partner 'i'm just going to do a quick water change'....2am later lols

6x2x2 pep breeding tank

That sounds impressive! Any pictures?

Kind of annoying how even small jobs can spiral out of hand with multiple tanks. Whenever I decide to do a water change on my setup there's always a million other jobs I decide to do along the way and it always takes several hours instead of the 45 minutes it should.

If I had an actual fish room I don't think I'd have time for real life. :D

I was sorting out some fish in my 6 x 2 x 2 then i decide to change the back ground. From a leafy picture the black vinyl.

So to do that i had to drain the tank and move it off the wall enough to put on the sticky black vinyl.

Then move it back and fill it back up.

Finish it around 12.30 one morning.

hang on! are you using buckets to do water changes on tanks that size?

I did water changes that way for 10 years. I was 8 trying 2 lift buckets over my head, rest it on my head and then gently tip water into the tank. ( I was the shortest in my classes all throughout school, thank god i grew later in life lol.) I have a pre-treatment system now so I just fill up tanks with a hose. The bucket i dropped was a 20 litre paint bucket.

holy disco biscuits ozmo! hope you ok

I had a space biscuit in Amsterdam back in the day, I wonder... Are disco biscuits similar ;)

I could have done with a bicky that morning that's for sure.

All good now apart from the occasional twitch in my head and click in my shoulder.

I was doing a water change on my 5fter and I started reading while it filled up cos usualy it takes for ever lol, well I only noticed it was overflowing when I felt the water at my feet! haha, luckily only time it happened.

How about...

I was nearing the end of a water change on my last display tank at all hours of the morning, staring and day dreaming into the tank watching my festae frolic about below and not realizing the quickly rising water had already overflowed onto my bamboo floor (which is the slipperiest surface on Earth when wet). Whalloping Web Snappers Spidey I said to myself and jumped back, went @ss up, legs in the air and come down square on my right rotor cuff, smashed my shoulder and knocked myself out. I only woke up because I was sucking in aquarium water from the floor.

I managed to clean everything up before dragging myself off to emergency at about 4am.

I think that particular tank got a 100% water change that morning :D

Good one to tell the grand kiddies when they come along :)