mickyd

golden base zz x red devil

Hey just after every ones opinion on my golden base breeding with my red devil. they were in a divided tank while i was setting up another for my rd but my fh has knocked down my egg create and has started doing the dance with her and she seems pretty keen as well . should i let them go and see what happens or move her to another tank ?

what type of fh would go good with my lil fella???

This is a question I have been asking myself and also asked (elsewhere). To be honest I am very inexperienced with Flowerhorns but I am familiar with line breeding other fish so this is my opinion-

You need to look at your fish and workout what you like about him and what he is lacking or what characteristics a female could help to promote ie color, nuchal hump, script, pearls etc....

The goal is to achieve a nicer fish (fry) by breeding not just breeding for the sake of breeding...

Also it may help to picture in your mind the fish you would like to eventually have from your breeding. With this in mind then go out and find yourself a partner for your fish and go from there...

hope that helps

I have recently crossed RD and gold base flower horn. Male was FH and Female was RD.

The results weren't great :)

I have kept a few to grow out further but not expecting much.

If you have a female gold base flower horn I would be interested in crossing her with my male ... we could split the fry :)