Hennessy

Discus with red gills and a pimple?

Yellow discus hasn't been eating much lately and has a blind pimple looking thing forming in front of its tail on one side (barely visible in pic). Lately its main dorsal fin has been diminishing slowly in shape and size (no signs of rot) and his gills surrounds look a bit reddish (slightly more obvious in pic).

Water tests indicate no ammonia and very low nitrate, Ph is just under 7 and the temp is around 28. Water is slightly harder than ideal, but so is all Brisbane tap water.

Sorry the pic ain't great, but has anyone got any ideas as to whats wrong with him/her?

post-3158-14711625986524_thumb.jpg

Not sure what is happening to him. To help fight I would be looking to up the temp and improve water - I used to have buckets outside to catch rain water. That may help him fight it.

As for what it is it appears damn aggressive. As we have little drugs to use, it is going to be a battle. I would suggest give Rod_Lewis a PM, and/or little_goby. Obviously Rod is the resident discus guru, and little_goby (Pet City guru) posted some great stuff on meds and would probably post you in the best direction to fight.......

Good luck with it.