Aldobug

I have a pond.

My friend has just moved house, and at the new house is a decent sized above ground pond. My guess is it's about 6ft diameter and about 400mm high. Its outside in the sun.

The pond is pretty much mine haha. He said I can do whatever I want with it, so, I wanna breed fish in there.

There's a little power box on the side of the pond with a power point in it. I was thinking a 4 outlet air pump and just put 4 large sponge filters and a Jager heater in there. Maybe a UV clarifier to kill the algae but I'm not sure if that'd work.

I'm going to get a shade cloth to cover it to keep frogs, toads and birds out.

I'm just wanting to know what a good fish is to breed in something like this.

I don't want goldfish lol.

Something American maybe?

All feedback is much appreciated!

Cheers.

you can go the americans and some will survive the winter(not guaranteed though!!) and you will want to find someway to keep it heated during winter thats ya hard part....i think some one on here recommended/uses a see through plastic kind of cover to keep the heat in..sounds like a good idea...keeping the heat in is the biggest problem....and some BIG pond sized sponge filters....should be a winner...me personally id go some of the hardier americans...dempseys,brazilis,etc....love to see some pics! :)

Thanks mate! I'll take a few photos for ya. I think we'll be cleaning the pond out today and giving it a good srub and stuff.

I have some driftwood laying around my house so I'll throw that in there too.

Would bristlenose's be fine in a pond with no filtration? I'll be doing weekly water changes too. I doubt they will but I though I'd ask lol.