japes

Dedicated "Full Tank Shot" Thread

Sweet tank bro :cloppy:

what kind of paint did u use on the background?

its actually acrylic i had left from when i didnt my old car, i was undecided as to use it or not but if it didnt work it would be fairly easy to get off but glad i did, ive done all my tanks the same way and not a problem, just prep the glass real good to make sure there is nothing on it at all!!! and masked up the entire tank and busted out the compressor and spray gun in the booth, its midnight black, just looks really dirty cos i hadnt cleaned the inside for a while because of the move, but when the tank is clean its perfect

paul

Nice tanks guys...I see this forum is majority cichlid enthusiasts. I don't have a display tank atm but here is one of my setups from a few months back. Livestock is 7 hengeli rasboras and 2 ottos.

the beginnings:

tank.jpg

a few months after:

tank11-1.jpg

a few weeks after that:

RIMG0987.jpg

This is what I had planned but never got a chance to finish it

tank12.jpg

Heres my 8foot 1000ltr tang tank.

3 x gold head comps

3 x albino BN

3 x BN all female (really tired of having 100's of small fry in my tanks.)

8 x Xenotilapia Flavipinnis "nyanza lac"

also Want a colony of Cyprichromis leptosoma "Mpulungu" and a small group of shellies dont know which ones yet.

3D121.jpg

Yeah nice tank Dno, a group of 20 or so Cyps would look awesome in there.

Even some Lepidi attenuatus to mix things up.

Dave

hay mat love the rock wall. fake or real.

josh

Yer its fake, made it myself, foam n concrete. water is a little cloudy cause i just did a water change n stirred up the sand abit.

Dave that is wat i had in mind was a colony of 15 to 20 cyps to add some blues n yellow colours to the tank while still keeping it a tang tank. All thou i would love to have this as a all Front tank, i really like seeing different species together as a community, looks more natural.

Looks awesome DNO.

I was following your construction on the link you posted earlier. Nice work, and thanks for sharing.

I made one (much simpler) with styrofoam, bitumen paint and sand a long time ago.