japes

Dedicated "Full Tank Shot" Thread

Heaps of awesome tanks on here, Hear is a few of mine, 5x2x2 american and 4x2x2 african and 4x2x2 planted discus tank:) http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp49/Loganbogan/Picture064.jpg

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp49/Loganbogan/Picture055.jpg

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp49/Loganbogan/Picture072.jpg

Edited by Stevie wonder

They're such cool fish. My pic doesn't even do them justice.

They have that american cichlid attitude but you can put them in with so many other fish. So you're not as limited.

I want a 4x2x2 or 5x2x2 soon... :)

yeh Iv heard some people say they are pretty scitish and boring?? But I like them, thinking of putting a few in with my oscar who's pretty cruzy. Could be a good combo. Are all yours o/heads?

Nah, definitely not boring... But I guess it just depends if they are comfortable.

Mine are the bosses of the tank so they're pretty entertaining.

I don't think they would go with an oscar? But I've never had one so not sure. I'd definitely check with someone else first.

Nah, definitely not boring... But I guess it just depends if they are comfortable.

Mine are the bosses of the tank so they're pretty entertaining.

I don't think they would go with an oscar? But I've never had one so not sure. I'd definitely check with someone else first.

yeh it depends on the oscar but from what iv heard it can work. oscars can be pretty easy going and mind there own buisness.

I don't have good photography skills, nor is my camera anything special, but eh.

P9290009.jpg

Both of my 4ft tanks together in one shot. :) The bottom tank is the main display tank, the top tank is the less-display tank but is still where all my favourite fish is. :D

P9290011.jpg

Close up of the top tank, where my most of my americans are kept. Plus a few bristlenoses to clean the place.

P9290010.jpg

Close up of the bottom tank, tannin is still leeching out of the drift wood, hence the color. Four americans in here, plus a few randoms (paradise fish, dwarf gourami, rainbow shark and two bristlenoses).

I also have two other tanks, one is a 'grow out' tank filled with apple snails, cherry shrimps and progenies of my Convict and Ellioti cichlids. The other tank is rather small and has some guppies and minnows meant for the 'grow out' tank, but then my cichlids breed so they're still gonna have to suffer a while more.

Currently though there's a bit of a problem with the main (bottom) tank. :/ My pink firemouth (Amphilophus longimanus) seem to have dominated the entire left half of the tank, pushing my red bay snook (Petenia splendida) into the Convict (Amatitlania nigrofasciata) and Ellioti (Thorichthys ellioti/maculipinnis) territory, which causes some hilarity. I was thinking of actually splitting the decorations to make two 'mountains' on two sides, with the entire area in the middle being open. What do you guys reckon?

Here's my 6/2.5/3, LED lighting, white quartz sand, bog wood and mixed gold vine, FX5, 4/18/15 sump, custom cabinet-this is dditt's old Dennison built tank.

Stock List, Orange Head Tapajos, Rio branco's, green horseface,argyrostictus, surinamensis, Brasiliensis . Female Festae, Escondido, Gold and White Saums, polleni, Salvini, Wild Caught Oscar, Red Snook and a Albino Pleco. 26 fish all up.

380776_10151141867877016_1262467712_n.jpg

399369_10151141867992016_836482827_n.jpg

Edited by MRNOS