japes

Dedicated "Full Tank Shot" Thread

I can attest to planted tanks being a lot of hard work. I went the DIY co2 route and it was not easy.

I am enjoying my 4ft african tank a lot though, here is a couple photos i took this morning. They're all growing up. My tank is 4ftx18x20. Comments appreciated.

Livestock mostly from Smiths Aquarium on sandgate road. Eheim 2217 filtration, additional eheim 1000 powerhead added for a bit of extra water circulation. Cheapy air pump down one end and a FluvalTronic heater. Tank is from AquariumsRUs but next time i'll spend a bit extra to get a nicely finished tank. Enjoy!

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

hey ive got the same tank except in black :)

from aquarama?

is that the 200cm long one?

what have you replaced the filter and lights it came with, with? (lol weird sentence)

They're the same rocks as my bigger tank except in the picture only the atinic blue lights were on, thats why they look different

They were my very first buy from this site :)

$65 for 89 pieces

They're the same rocks as my bigger tank except in the picture only the atinic blue lights were on, thats why they look different

$65 for 89 pieces

8O Bargain!!

$65 for 89 pieces

8O Bargain!!

:P thats why i havent left this site, it has loads of bargins

i wish i had a DSLR camera to take some good shots of the fish :(

Added some new rocks which i bought today from this site, they're the really bright looking onces since they're a white-ish colour

only phone pictures, so i changed the contrast and brightness to "try" to match what it looks like in real life

My latest tank below.Only a day old here.Its going to have my higher grade shrimp in it. Will be better once its grow in a little Jen

SH100369.jpg

Great photo's as always Ryan. Looks like you have 2 males and 4 females in your araguaia group.

And as usually, lovely Lemon tetras.

3M 3F actually. I was originally going to keep 2M 4F but Ed Burress said to go for 3M 3F and so far that's working out very nicely.

Which araguaia is the third male? The fish second on the left looks like a male, and the fish in the middle of the group of four looks like a male, so maybe the one on the far right, facing towards the rear of the tank is the third male.

Which araguaia is the third male? The fish second on the left looks like a male, and the fish in the middle of the group of four looks like a male, so maybe the one on the far right, facing towards the rear of the tank is the third male.

You got it ;)

Here's a pic:

male3.jpg

So Ryan. Is there something your not telling us? Is Jen your "other" name when you head out up the coast?

LMAO i had to read that twice too! hahaha

top pics as always mate damn nice tanks too!