I'm interested in upgrading to a 6x2x2. I live near Toowoomba and was wondering if anyone may know a cheapest (must be quality, not interested in dodgy tanks) place to get a tank (10ml), hood and cabinet(prefer) or stand from.

I dont mind paying for quality, but if i can get that quality cheaper, well, it gives me more money to get other tank stuff *LOL*

I normally get my tanks from the lfs, but even with the couple of places i've been i've noticed the lfs is the dearest. I really do try to support my lfs, but the price difference is quite large in regards to the tank and such. So while i may not get the tank through them most of the other stuff will be bought there.

I also really need some one that preferrably will deliver and help get the tank in place, i have a bad back and that size tank would kill me, though even if i didnt have a sore back i'm pretty sure i would be struggling. I'd rather not end up with a cabinet/stand and shattered tank :(

So far Starks Aquaria has been the best deal, is there anywhere else i can check out?

You can't go wrong with Scotty from McDougall St. I think his number is 46349455.

Thank you :)

You have had bought a tank from Scotty? He builds from home i take it? Does he have stock you can veiw?

I'll try to give a ring this week, to get an idea of pricing.

Scotty has a shop. I think it's Aquarium Wholesale Warehouse. Actually, maybe it's not, but it's something like that. He knows tank building better than anyone, and tends to rip himself off. He's been building tanks since before there was silicone. I've got his first silicone tanks, which are now forty years old! You can be sure of his honesty and quality.

I've bought smaller tanks off them before, and still have them, no probs.

Their tanks have a decent warrenty on them, i looked over the tanks, stands/cabinets & hoods they had there, looked great, no sharp edges on tank etc. They offered me the best deal, well the deal that suited me, i wanted a few things different to their norm in regards to the cabinet and hood. :)

Anyway just gotta sell my motorbike now lol

Have you tried john he is just down the road from starkys shop very cheap and are great tanks.He taught starky how to make tanks 15 years ago and he has some realy cheap stuff there to but be carefull he likes to have a talk lol

lol he is on vanity st dont know the number there is like a big holesale fruit and veg place right next door to him and he does every thing tanks hood stands fish pumps sumps etc

really good prices and he seems to know a lot been in the game for around 20 years

yea i he made all my fry tanks and two 4ft sumps he even does full setups on 4 5 6 and 8ft on like a laybye kinda thing

Hope you have alot to talk about cause he never stops lol

Are you going to be selling your 4ft if you get a new setup?

Thank for the info, and yeah i can usually find something to talk about *LOL* I'll definately check him out.

You mean the 5ft? the one planted with angels in it? I havent decided whether to sell it, keep it, sell off some smaller ones or keep them all *L* Depends what i can fit in and what my other half will let me get away with *LOL*