Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

n6230806

[HELP] tank made

G'day mate, i don't know if he is still there but on a sunday morning at the caboolture markets there's a old guy that sells tanks and stands, if you give him measuremeants he'll build your tank for you, i got a 3 foot made a few years ago for $40.00, cheers

On the Northside...

Go see Mark @ Smiths Aquarium in Boondall. He sells high quality Maher tanks which IMO are worth the extra coin. Or, if you want cheaper but not too bad (sharp edges though) go to Aquariums R Us in Wooloowin.

Hope that helps!!

G'day mate, i don't know if he is still there but on a sunday morning at the caboolture markets there's a old guy that sells tanks and stands, if you give him measuremeants he'll build your tank for you, i got a 3 foot made a few years ago for $40.00, cheers

His name is Ed. I would not recommend getting anything over 3ft from him unless it's 10mm. Most of what he calls quality tanks are 6mm at best. But I guess if it's cheaper than cheap then he's the man :)

I heard from someone who knows Ed that he was shutting up shop at the Caboolture markets, that was about 6 months ago but I don't know if he did actually close or not.

I would never buy one his tanks over 2 or 3 ft and even then I would reeeeeeally have to think about it.

My hubby just built a 8x3x3 tank and a 4x3x2 sump on his own, it's his first ever build, so if he can do it, why don't you give it a try:)

I would offer his services but I want to live to see my kids grow up:)

thx alot with the help guys, will go smith and aquarium r us to check with the price first, Caboolture is just a bit too far for me, rather save the money on patrol and use it on the tanks.

@shazvana: im just too lazy to make it, plus too risky, cant imagine if the tanks start to leaks, will make a big mess if that happens

cheers

Manho

Hi Manho, I am a customer of Phil & John from Aquariums to Go at Lawnton for a few years now (No store Front), they are in the site banners above. If you want something out side of the standard give them a go, I always find them very reasonable & they build a quality tank in house. They did a 4 foot for me before Christmas to replace a older tank. Worth a call for your comparisons, Cheers z240