Alasse

Lighting for a 2ft deep tank

Currently my tank is 5'x20"Wx18"H, i'm hoping to upgrade to a 6'x2'x2'

I'm pretty sure that due to the extra depth my 5ft lighting will be sadly lacking. Dalbarb T8 double (2x40W) and Glo T5 single (25W)

My current tank is low tech and i want to keep it that way....What would you recommend for the 2ft depth?

I've got 4x54W T5HO on my 28" high 4 foot - lights up the tank very well but it's not enough to have plants thrive. It might be enough on only a 24" high tank, with better plant tubes like Sylvania Grolux (<8500K) or similiar.

I currently have a 4x54w T5 set up on my 6x2x2, I have added a DIY shelf ontop of the tank and also put some screws in the back so my light could be suspended so it wasn't sitting on the top of the glass. I would suggest not skimping on light quality, I've had the light for a touch over 12 months and the plastic ends have cracked and broken. Got a 4x2x2 with the same light in a 4ft which definately does the job with anubias on d/w (one of those picses rainforest thingos you pay through the nose for) but they're thriving with 54w T5 with only minimal algea.

Pic of 6x2x2 w/ T5 Light.

DSCF1151.jpg

Cheers,

Matt