Dexter

Luna" Red Hook Silver Dollar Questions

Does anyone know if Myleus rubripinnis "luna" - "Luna" Red Hook Silver Dollar are common in Oz? I saw one today and thought "I want some of them"

What are they worth? Juvenile size, around 8cm

Are the spots just a random trait found in red hooks? or are the a species of their own?

post-4093-14711626032231_thumb.jpg

Hi Dexter, I am wondering if you managed to find any red hooks. I am after these as well and yet a thorough internet search has not yeilded much information. I have seen them on livefish.com for $140 each or $115 if you buy 5. Have you found anywhere else? I would love a school of 6-8 of these in my 6x2x2 that would look wicked.

Thanks.

A while ago when I was buying spotted silver dollars, Kevin over at Rocklea had some red hooks but that was quite a few months ago. Worth asking him though. If I have the wrong species, sorry and just ignore me!

Edited by Kitah

I would have nabbed em at that price..where did you get yours from? .they are so hard to find....livefish.com wants $140 each...too much.

Why is that too expensive? In March, import restrictions are changing so price will probably triple, assuming it can still be imported at all. Right now, only males over 7cm are allowed.