for the last 2 weeks my male black calvus has been really aggressive. even when i was cleaning the tank the other day when i picked up the rocks hed race out and bite my hand. when i walked past to get the food to feed them tonight he got real cranky at me and flared up and was striking the glass 8O i knew they were ready to spawn again soon so i had a look in the shell while the girl was out getting a feed and i could see a couple of little swimmers. so i got a small tank ready for the fry and when i pulled the shell out and poured the fry out into the small tank it seemed like it would never end they just kept coming and coming. now there are so many little baby calvus swimming around in my little 18" tank i tried to count and i lost count at 110 and there so many more in there im guessing about 200 or more, i forgot how small they are when they start swimming :lol: im not sure why there are so many? it might be cos they havent spawned for nearly 5 months... now i just gotta keep them all alive..

anyway i just thought id share 8)

haha mitch too late. im pretty sure theyre all sold. im selling them all in one hit if you want 30 i will let you know if the other guy changes his mind and doesnt want em.

thanks christo good idea but i tried to get a pic but theyre so tiny and i cant even really see them in the pic i took.

this morning i when i was feeding my calvus and hecqui i had a look in the tank and the big male calvus was locked in on something it looked like a tiny fish. i thought it might be a baby calvus that i had missed the other day but after i had a proper look i saw there was about 20 little hecqui fry hangin around the opening of the shell i saw a couple of them getting swept away in the current so i got them out and put them into the small tank underneath when i emptied the shell out there was about 50 or so fry in there and there is still a few swimming around the main tank. the calvus are loving it, its so cool to watch them stalk the fry.

Hey, how big are you calvus pair that spawned 200 odd?

just wondering, one of my gold comps is coming on to spawning sooon she is so fat i cant belive that her body is handling it, shes always hiding in shell and male does sit around close. but is not getting agressive, there are 3 Pairs in the 4x2x2 and i have no aggression between males

hoping for a nice spawn soon.