Not exactly it is a 2ft tank we have had stored for a while. We have a 3ft tank with a mix of fish at the moment. So we have decided to set the 2ft up as a breeding tank. Not sure if we have done this properly but we give the tank a good wash out added some gravel & about 1/3 filled it & let it sit for 3 days we were doing a 10% water change on our 3 footer so we added that water to the 2ft tank & topped it up with fresh water we now have a sponge filter running in the tank. Was this a good way to go about setting this tank up or have we gone about it all wrong?

You let it sit to remove the chlorine? You need something to start a cyle is the sponge aged in the other tank cause it will complete a cycle much quicker in the established tank then move it to the 2 ftr

I always like to start with fresh water for a new tank maybe it is preference.

Edited by jacobraven

^^As above im am no expert but i did simular just last night, I set my new tank up added fresh tap water, then just chucked in a aged sponge filter, Im just going to leave it for a few days and the put my fish in, Like i said not sure if this is the correct way but it the way i have always done it and never had a problem with my fish