Hey, was wondering if its possible to some how get clean rainwater from making a successful rainwater tank

that filters out the dirties in the rainwater.(((with a low budget)))

Has anyone done this before if so can you show me some pics and give me some ideas!!!

Thanks.... Luke

Just another thing I just thought of. What fish will you be keeping in rainwater? soft, low ph species?

The ph is extremely low & TDS number not that much better. I mix my rainwater with brisbane tap water (~80% rain/20% tap) to get a ph just under 7. Only for a couple of catfish tanks.

Cheers

Matt

http://psifilters.com.au/

I didn't buy from these guys but remember looking. Got mine from some plumbing supplies place out springwood way. Had to get the hose fittings as well. It's got a bracket to mount it to the fence next to the tank.

With the filter. You've got to run the water a little slower through it to be the most effective.

Your blue rams may be fine with straight rain water. They can take low ph & are into very soft water. My ph tester only goes down to about 6 and that's what my straight tank water is. Very soft, low ph water is quite unstable so it might be better to add some tap anyway.

The main problem with the rainwater is that it comes out really yellow out of the tank and i just want to see it coming out clean without using any chemicals.

:|

So got any more tips for that direction(how much would you think a small second hand tank(round 100gal) plus the entire filtration and pump cost(approx)

Thanks