Well i dig my ranchu and just recently I came across one of those little gems you find in the most oddest of spots...

I have never seen these guys in Oz and have always wanted to get my hands on some and pretty much gave up....

Top view ranchu!!!....being top view means they have lots of japanese genetic heritage so will be gems come breeding time....most likely producing alot more decent fry due to strong bloodlines...so will be very selective with their breeding activites....no late nights...clubbing etc but also having great blood means they have a really nice back curve,smaller tucked tails and its more consistent in offsrping....they also have another great quality and thats funtan headgrowth or headgrowth that grows from the cheeks foward and very little headgrowth on the gill covers...its smoother and alot more controlled not like most ranchu with the mass of headgrowth everywhere....

SAM_3788.jpg

SAM_3784.jpg

SAM_3807.jpg

SAM_3790.jpg

Edited by goldenswimmers

a mixed pet store on redlandbay road...just lucky i guess as these would have just been grabbed(by store owner) as "ranchu"(based on how much i payed for them)....and genetics wise these guys are pretty unheard of here....thats why you just dont see top view ranchu(top view fish being japans main goldfish viewing style) in Australia...these guys look alot better in ponds than the typical ranchu we get here which are all pretty much side view and best viewed from aquariums

yeah I asked...but was told they were a wholesale order....so wondering if there is a little batch of them coming through at the moment...the guys overseas usually hold on to this type of stock...so maybe its a good sign or an excess over seas...but will enquire further too mate :)

yeah I asked...but was told they were a wholesale order....so wondering if there is a little batch of them coming through at the moment...the guys overseas usually hold on to this type of stock...so maybe its a good sign or an excess over seas...but will enquire further too mate :)

Well if thats there bad stuff. You have hit the jackpot Mate. Good score

It pays to do the rounds every now and then and pay the extra $

FJ

yeah thats what i figured..just one of those random scores you come across...and I know the shop dealer didnt have clue..they were just labelled "ranchu" and cheap....they was 2 left if anyones keen but i grabbed the best 3(well the 3 I wanted anyways)....would have grabbed them all(breeding wise) but I hadnt budgeted for them....your right just doing the rounds and you find little gems sometimes...

whats that movie....gremlins...find me a mogwai in an antique store...or a chucky doll ha ha yeah sorry mate :)

;) I really only "should" have grabbed one(moola wise)...but you know how it is if you want a chance at a female/male etc...as it is Im hoping a bit with 3 but more you get...the more chance you got of getting the pr....do you know what sex that black ranchu you picked up is????