Sign in to follow this  
antjae

feeding fry???

if this is the pindani in the other post you made, then I feed my fry with crushed flake.

if it isn't pindani, then we will need to know what fish to tel lyou what they need to eat ;P

Yep, just crush it into a powder almost, i'd also use live food like baby brine shrimp, rotifers and or microworm as first food as they get to chase it around and kick start instincts for feeding.

i usually place some flake into a zip bag close it up then rub it between your fingers till its almost a powder. this seems to be the easiest way for me. watch the fry feeding if they have problems swallowing it its too big. placing the bag in the frezer also makes it easier to break up. if your feeding live food also feed flake as brine shrimp, daphnia etc. are considerably lower in protien than flake.

cheers

mick

thanks mick, i think i will b using flake, am going to put the female into a nursery net on thur, incase she spits them out they should be hatched by then, this is a first for me and im looking forward to seeing how it goes well i hope,

no worries there are plenty of people out there with more experience at breeding than me just getting back into breeding got a few yellow fry were eating the crushd flake as soon as their egg sack was absorbed. saw your post regarding the fish i had for sale where abouts is coomera?(it was something like that) if its anywere close your welcome to have a look could strip another yellow for you while your here if you havent done that either.

cheers

mick

You shouldn't feed malawi cichlids alot of protein, but if you want high protein get pellet food or crumble, live foods help growth rate, so does protein but varied diet is the best for the fush.

i use a mix of flakes and pellets and put em in a pepper grinder

this gives em tiny food and you can add what you feel is good eg veggie flake pellets etc

peter

Sign in to follow this