zoniix

americans & saratoga

Hey guys/girls,

Just wondering how a 10-15cm saratoga would go with my texas, festae, red devil,dovii and jag all that size (biggest is the devil at 15cm). Theyre all getting along now they have since i got them when they were juvies, my brother is moving interstate and wants to offload his saratoga to me but i dont wanna take it and it outgrow them and kill everything, ive researched they can grow an inch a month and get pretty angry. Ive never had a saratoga and dont know what to expect.....

What do guys think????

Thanks Corey

It will all depend on your cichlids. It can work if they pay no attention to the toga and providing you have a pretty mellow toga to start with. If the cichlids start harassing it though, the toga will not only defend itself but make it a mission to take out the competition. I have had it work well with a Jardini in the past but my last venture left me with a beyond saving trimac and a leichardti with a broken bottom jaw. In reality, it will go pair shape more often than not so only accept it if you can keep a close eye on things and are able to remove it at the drop of a hat.

Yeah you guys are right, last thing I need is a warzone, I guess if I've got harmony now why risk it, I was worried even if I took a fish out the tank probably wouldn't be the same in there. thanks guys