Harris.

hang on filter as fry saver

The flow would be too much in a confined space.

I would have thought so too, but..........I accidentally ended up with some peppy babies in a hang on filter (think a few eggs must have got sucked up & survived!) & they where a good 2-2.5cm when i found them! They were healthy as & are now a part of one of my adult colonies. So it is possible, but I personally wouldn't do it on purpose

HTH, Pikey :mrgreen:

I would have thought so too, but..........I accidentally ended up with some peppy babies in a hang on filter (think a few eggs must have got sucked up & survived!) & they where a good 2-2.5cm when i found them! They were healthy as & are now a part of one of my adult colonies. So it is possible, but I personally wouldn't do it on purpose

HTH, Pikey :mrgreen:

Plecs are "aerodynamic"................flattened bodies designed by nature to use the least energy in fast moving water. Any other fry not so designed, would expend too much energy simply 'stabilising". they may survive, but would require much more food to keep up energy levels and this food would not be utilised for growth, as would otherwise be the case.

eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

You can buy them off ebay.

I have some of the smaller ones...

They work great - just dont turn air up too hard otherwise fish get caught in the grill :P a bit of trail and error....

Filter wool would probably fix the issue....