jd84

Do shellies cross breed ?

similis are about. Went missing for a number of years, but seem to have magically re-appeared ;) . Search the southern forums for some if you are willing to pay. lol. I found that aggression becomes a problem long before any cross breeding can come about. Unless as mentioned they are varients of the same species. A small occie will get bullied by a group of multies quite badly. A big occie has a will likely killi off the multies if he can get past them to get established. Multies will similarly give brevis a very hard time, if not kill them. If you can divide your territories well enough, you may succeed, but know that multies and occies can be very intolerant of other fish. Its often kill or be killed. I have seen multies kill occies and vice versa. It just depended on age and who was established sooner. This is only my experience. Possibly if they grew up together from a very young age, things may be different.

cheers,

Jason

If you want something with a bit of spunk go for the occies, if you want peacefull i'd get multis or brevis.

There are others out there tho, try www.shelldwellers.com there are a few ozzies on there.

I've seen ornatipinnis getting around lately, sumbu, signatus, kungweensis and hequii are a nice big shellie - or something different there's lamprologus callipterus the largest shell dweller, where they breed in mass groups of 1 male to 40 females LOL!!! (The last would be my choice if i could get my hands on some) apparantly an albino form of callipterus getting around according to aquatictrader in sydney but am yet to hear back from him.

Good luck and it's a hard choice to have to make!!