PeterJ

ANGFA Qld meeting tomorrow night

The ANGFA Qld April Meeting is being held this Friday (April 13 - details HERE).

The talks should be good and the auction for the last couple of meetings have included a good range of blue eyes and rainbows (Australian and New Guinea) going for a couple of dollars each or less. There's usually a good selection of plants at the auction as well and the shop has discounted dry goods (foods, ferts, bags, books etc). It'd be great to see some new faces. Non-members are welcome to come along and check it out.

The ANGFA auction is generally fairly small (usually less than 10 sellers). Dry goods can be sold at the auction (second hand tanks etc are sometimes available) and the club shop stocks a variety of goods at much less than retail prices. Non members can buy at the auction. Membership is only $25 and will get you a 10% discount with several retailers who support the club, as well as access to the monthly edition of In-Stream (sample here) and you can join up on the night.

Unfortunately my kids have decided to share their flu with me so I doubt I'll make it tonight, but there'll be plenty of regulars there to meet. Maybe I'll see some of you at another one.

Thank you so much for the info Mullygrub & PeterJ. I have just got into rainbows so all the info I can get would be great. I will try to make it but live on the FAR northside so will see how I go!

ahhh it was your son teesha trying to out bid me on the trifas last nite sorry couldnt pass up them fish they are soo nice.. was a good night with lots of info and that book was well worth the money some very helpfull hints and tips in there

Yeah teesha, there will be plenty of opportunities to get different fish at future meetings or simply by posting on the forum if you are after something in particular. Your boy sounds very keen so I'm sure he'll be begging to go to the future meetings.

ahhh it was your son teesha trying to out bid me on the trifas last nite sorry couldnt pass up them fish they are soo nice.. was a good night with lots of info and that book was well worth the money some very helpfull hints and tips in there

So what was up for Auction last night, so annoyed I couldn't make it ?

LOL...Mullygrub, guess we couldn't take them all! He was actually bidding for me. I have just found interest in the rainbows & want to set up a planted display tank with them (Not with the Searys Ck though obviously - they will go into the 3' when every thing else goes into the 6'). I have been looking for a nice 6x2x2 for a while & finally found one today...only problem is it is FULL of africans so I will have to find new homes for them before I can set it up for the rainbows & other natives! Our son does have a tank in his bedroom as do our daughters too! & yes David he does beg to come to the Cab auctions with me & the meeting last night! He hit me up this afternoon for a new tank as I just got one lol! He is VERY keen to do the Design & Technique comp in the Cab show.