Sign in to follow this  
ckoeleman

starting up a canister filter

Hello everyone, I recieved a external canister filter from a friend who isnt interested in fishkeeping. it has no markings on it so i cannot look up the manual on the net.

Only used UGF and internals and never used an external filter before and have no idea how to get it going. it has a tube from the bottom and at the end has a strainer (so i assume the water goes in this way) and a tube from the top which leads to a piece of tubing with holes through it (which must be the out) also got this product with it http://www.bluzooaquatics.co.uk/images/RESUN-26.jpg. Not sure how to start it. maybe in doing something wrong does the pump need to be attached to the 'out' end?

any help would save me a few grey hairs :)

Chris

It's got to be filled with water so put the strainer end in the tank and then suck on the other end. let the water syphon from the tank all the way through the filter & into a bucket. Once the filter is full of water and water is coming out the spraybar then put the spraybar back into the tank. Then turn it on & it should pump water.

Don't run it dry as you'll burn out the pump.

Sign in to follow this