Braddo

Reno's have started

Ok its all started the hot house has been pulled down. i have started digging the hole for the sump and overflow sump. i will be using 2 fridge liners for this.

The new shed will have a polycarbinate roof, underwhich will run a maze of black poly pipe under this will be bubble rap then polystyrene lining than timber with holes cut in to act as lights through the day hours. The poly pipe will serve as heating thru winter.

then under roof will have a by pass for summer so they don't over heat so with thr turn of a tapit will go under the roof not thru the roof.

in the sump will be a bio tower to help with filtration. every tank will also have its own air driven filter so they can be shut down incase of disease.

Hopefully the heat will stay in the room at night thru winter. The side walls are going to be roofing iron lined with polystyrene and a rubber seal around the door. All frame 25 mil gal bolted to 6 concrete post as was an old water tank stand. The sumps are going to be concreted around the outside.

2 things will be on standby a wall heater and lighting. The concrete florr will be covered in polystyrene and lino to stop cold seep thru the slab.

Fingers crossed the water in the tanks will be stable thru the night wont know til it is going. By the way it will be drip controlled into the tanks as to not over heat.

Any thoughs will be appreciated this room should hold approx 100 tanks

sounds good mate be good to see heaps of good idea's in there , always wondered how if people are running all there tanks off the same sump what happens when one tank has a disease in it but as u wrote u can turn the tank off if that happens , a bit off u r subject so i wont get too far into that one , sounds good mate

I was wondering what to do with my old 20mil pipe it is full of holes then it hit me instead of buying new media why don't I cut the pvc into small lengths stuff shade cloth in seal each end end voila a self made filter media. It already has holes to allow water to pass thru so should work. Might make the holes a little bigger tho.

OK all walls, roof are done. Walls completely insulated and almost completely lined still have to seal gaps. Pvc Pipes and fittings arrived, Steel for new stands arrived. started to insulate floors. holes drilled in to sump for pre/overflow box one barrel arrived for bio tower, pump arrived. Temp been staying excellent considering not completely sealed and not heated. Haopefully have all sealing of lining finished tomorrow and start on plumbing on the weekend. Have to get pond liner for sump. Start welding stands next week. And finish off insulating floor.

Room ended up 6.5mx4mx2.4m. Checking out solar powered exhaust fans for summer to remove hot air.

If temp stays good mean the only power will be the water pump for grow system and air pump for entire room.

Walls are completely lined. 500l water tubs in for guppy stocks. 4 stands have been made in 4 days. I hate welding gal rhs with an arc welder. Lino of half room done as insulation on the floor. Waiting for pond liner to start sump/water heating and plumbing. Out with some old timber stands great firewood(not treated hardwood). Haopefully start moving tanks from front room to the shed on the weekend.