I'm thinking I may bring it inside in the next few days, I'll get some better pics with an actual camera!! Lol maybe..

It's back isn't amazing like a really high quality one should be, but then at $8 I think I got the pick of the bunch. I'll give it some great water quality and fancy foods and see what happens for a couple months.

but then at $8 I think I got the pick of the bunch. I'll give it some great water quality and fancy foods and see what happens for a couple months.

Yeah mate...nice score...I reckon with goldies a good eye goes a long way....I'll get you some pics of some ryukins I picked out from the "el cheapo fantails" that are in most pet shops....If you find any store holding a large bunch of baby fantails for say $5 a pop...spend some time and suss em out..if you know what to look for..sometimes you'll find a really nice ryukin lost in the crowd :)

It's back isn't amazing like a really high quality one should be,

give it time mate...theres a decent "hump" on that fish and as it gets older it will get stronger...food does help...some extra feeds and he'll chunk up making the hump more noticeable...avoid high protein stuff(oranda and ranchu feeds)as ryukins can get a little headgrowth if they eat high protein stuff...unless you want some headgrowth :)

may i ask what your pond is like? cause i have a pond and dont have a filter and ccbf getting a filter lol but i want to get some fishys for it would these high end goldfish live in my pond?

cheers

may i ask what your pond is like? cause i have a pond and dont have a filter and ccbf getting a filter lol but i want to get some fishys for it would these high end goldfish live in my pond?

cheers

Mine is full of foxtail, duckweed and frogbit. It's just outside my garage so I ran an air line out the door and just have two sponges in there.. Can't see why it wouldn't work for you? Just you can't keep em with comets and stuff as the longer single tail goldfish swimm faster and will get all the food. Also not having full sun all day to keep temps way down helps..

ok cool

also frogbit is becoming noxious in qld soon i believe so i think u might have to get rid of it

Yeah I hear that but not at this stage, I reckon it will take a few years. When it is I will destroy it!

here you go mate...a few little ryuks I grabbed for $5 each out of the "fantail" babies in a few well know pet stores....not all the time but they are definitely out there...orandas too but not very often....good eyes get the prizes.. :)

SAM_4828.jpg

the humps become more noticeable as they age :) little white guy already getting the "look" :)

Edited by goldenswimmers

these guys are youngstas so I feed them about 3-4 times a day...I like mixing up their feeds...at the moment its some quality flakes(usually the new spectrum stuff) and some hikari pellet food like the wheat mix(good in cold weather and to maintain any white colours) or the goldfish staple...when I have it I also use the hikari baby gold to help with the colouring...I really rate the hikari wheat(white packet) as I its easily digestible and recommended for feeding in cooler weather...But I mainly rate it for the ability to keep the white stong(as mentioned on the packet...Im not trippin ha ha :)) and it seems to work...plus being easily digestible I have even used it for ranchu when the hikari lionhead is low...being easily digestible I figure there would be much less chance of "bloating" the guys or being hard to digest...and it seems the good so far....:)

the odd bloodworm feed too...but i dont do it often as it promotes headgrowth so its more of a treat for the ryukins

and always duckweed whenever its around...I reckon duckweed is almost a must for goldfish...they need their greens...I reckon it keeps them "regular" :)

Edited by goldenswimmers

Nice stuff mate..and the black looks stable so its going to be a beautiful fish(this pretty much IS your tiger colouring they talk about overseas!)..very unique colouring...might have to stud him out one time aye..nudge nudge.. ha ha :)