goneself

Cold water algae eater

Just wondering if anyone has a suggestion for an algae eater I can chuck in the cherry shrimp tank?

Unheated, slow filtration, plants (not too worried if they get nibbled), and also algae-green algae on the glass, long dark algae on the plants.

No snails,plz...

Yeaaahhh..I thought about them, but Yow..So damn intolerant of metals and less than pristine water..they'd do the job but my water changes would be a thousand times more of a pain in the arse.

Especially since I can't even remember the last time I did a water change on that tank.

I thought of hillstream loaches too, just not sure how they'd go with the low flow filtration..

Yeah, ottos might be worth a shot...they're pretty fragile though, right? Haven't kept them in Years...any tips? BN would do the job, but it'd be nice to have something a little different.

They are pretty hardy as long as they are fat and healthy.

Similar to BN's just a lot cleaner lol should do fine with shrimp and shrimplets

I'd personally add a snail or 2 as well though :)

GAH..how did I not think of chinese algae eater? Derrrrrrp. Off to smiths today...ottos, that nice big CAE I saw last time,, or..something else that catches my eye and is probably innapropriate and means I have to change the tank anyway.

With the current weather, get some L and Peppermint, grow them, and sell when it gets cold next year...

i got 3 marble BN fine through last winter, and added 6 peppermint last few weeks... Ok, and growing in my outdoor 6f

Why bother keeping fish if can't even be bothered to do water changes and maintenance

Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_218 using Tapatalk

Who mentioned not doing water changes or maintenance? Not enough just resurrecting a thread from a year and a half ago, you cant even read it properly.

Some people...

wasn't directed at you bud :)

Just saying mate, new year coming and have a happy new year, dont need to pick on ppl, let's pick our fish and plants... For some people like me, we keep plants and find fish to match it, some vice versa...even depending on time with different interests at that point in time, however, we have the same thing, the aquarium hobby. Enjoyed, mate and have safe new year with new tank, fish, plants, and new hobby friends.

I'm not picking I just don't think its fair to the fish to live in less than pristene conditions, I'm sure you like a clean place to live in and I think our fish deserve the same

Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_218 using Tapatalk