yayfish

power head for AR380 is dead again!

So i need some advice, my first power head that came with my AR380 tank lasted for over 3 years, and my replacement one has just died after less then 1.5 years.

does anyone know if spending the money on a new ar380 power head is going to be worth the close to $50 from a pet store or just buying another one that is similar to do the same job?

anyone know of any that fit in the same spot as the AR380's?

your help is greatly appreciated

:)

On my ar126 i had 2 small hang on filters in place of the cruddy standard filter, it worked 11ty billions better and water was always crystal clear! One good hang on would work great

Hi yayfish

As you know, when properly maintained the AR380 power heads usually last for years. Regular cleaning of the impeller is essential, as is the case with any power head or filter. The most important thing is that the power head always remains "FULLY" submerged in water. If not they can overheat and the power head can swell around the impeller jamming it, which then often kills the power head. Another sign of overheating is bubbling on the outside of the power head.

$50 from your local Pet Shop is just too much. We retail the AR380 power heads for $29.95ea and the forum member price will be even less (I am writing this from home so I can't check the forum price). We only ever keep one of these in stock, so if you are coming down please call first to confirm we have one.

Regards

Russ

Regular cleaning of the impeller is essential, as is the case with any power head or filter. The most important thing is that the power head always remains "FULLY" submerged in water. If not they can overheat and the power head can swell around the impeller jamming it, which then often kills the power head. Another sign of overheating is bubbling on the outside of the power head.

This goes for any powerhead. Even in most filters the only moving part is the impeller.

Look after the impeller and the filter will last.

Hi yayfish

As you know, when properly maintained the AR380 power heads usually last for years. Regular cleaning of the impeller is essential, as is the case with any power head or filter. The most important thing is that the power head always remains "FULLY" submerged in water. If not they can overheat and the power head can swell around the impeller jamming it, which then often kills the power head. Another sign of overheating is bubbling on the outside of the power head.

$50 from your local Pet Shop is just too much. We retail the AR380 power heads for $29.95ea and the forum member price will be even less (I am writing this from home so I can't check the forum price). We only ever keep one of these in stock, so if you are coming down please call first to confirm we have one.

Regards

Russ

RPC come to your rescue there, good on you Russ

This goes for any powerhead. Even in most filters the only moving part is the impeller.

Look after the impeller and the filter will last.

Well put Donny, nothing last if you don't look after it.