gtr73

Is there a downturn here too??

Just a general observation but to me lately the trader section for live stock seems to have quite a few WTB's but not so many FS posts appearing from day to day.

Is it just me? Or is the aquarium trade slowing down a bit? Still seems to be a lot of people actually wanting to buy fish, just the breeders seem a bit quite perhaps. Am I missing something?

For one example, I haven't seen a FS for Electric Blues in what seems like ages. They used to as common as FS posts for Electric Yellows but now I'm even seeing quite a few WTB posts for EY's. Used to always be plenty of posts for these traditional big sellers. And doesn't seem to be just this forum either.

Maybe I'm just imagining it.

Any comments welcome, agreement or disagreement, or whatever your thoughts.

Some people seem to be moving on from fish also, which may contribute to reduction in species.

And some of us aren't spending as much time in the fish room due to work commitments which in my case is having a slight affect on my fish and have had a few random deaths lately as i don't have the time i used to.

I've noticed things usually get slow (for me anyway) around the auction seasons LOL, as people are holding out to get better bargains.

Or maybe EB's are not very popular atm???

IMO...

With economic downturn shipping from Asia has become quite expensive therefore raising the prices for wholesalers which they inturn pass onto the LFS. The LFS has been calling for more stock from local breeders to keep thier prices competitive. I know my selling prices and quantity have improved at LFS's. That being said I mainly sell all my stock to the LFS's unless somebody on the forum is looking for something I have to spare.

I am undertaking changes to the fish room and fish in it.........So only breeding a couple sorts currently.

Now to briefly get away from the topic ...What happened to Hawthorn?....

Matt

Now to briefly get away from the topic ...What happened to Hawthorn?....

Matt

Ha ha. :)

Cats got their win but not the crushing victory they craved in order to prove themselves as the only premiership contenders (and that includes 2008). Hawks almost stole the game in the end and the scoreboard shows Hawthorn actually kicked more goals, with Geelong kicking a stupendous 21 behinds - not a stat any victorious coach would celebrate. If anything, the Hawks would have come away feeling quite pleased with themselves (coach Alistair Clarkson was happy), while the Cats will be doing some soul searching . . . aleady . . . again. So much pressure those poor Cats.