dragin

green texas vs blue texas

Hi all, fairly new here.been a member for a while but havent posted much.

just wondering if anyone could shed some light on the difference between blue and green texas.i know the reds are very different but just trying to find out as id like to breed some and have seen both kinds and to me they look very similar

thanks in advance scott

Lot of confusion arises from texas coming from different locations. In the USA a number of texas are labelled "blue" or turqoise". Here the blue and supergreen are one and the same as I'm not aware of any Rio cazones or poza Rica being in the country. "Blue" was originally assigned to Escondido (Super green Texas) which often turn blue depending on their mood

This is one and the same fish in it's various colours

z0067.jpg

z0008.jpg

1-1.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

Edited by bidkev

on another note,i know they are a very agressive fish.has anyone got any tips for when introducing potential mates for the transition to be a smooth one and maybe curb the agression a tad?

Introduce the male to the female in her tank. They're hit and miss. I had a pair that had bred 3 times and raised the young. The 4th time, he killed her within an hour of her finishing laying (only took him about 5 mins) and sat on the eggs himself