Sign in to follow this  
roboat

Sump attempt two

Just designing my second sump, it's for a 6x2x2 and will hopefully be made from a 3x1x1' tank. I am thinking I want the overflow piping to come in underwater in the first compartment to prevent noise of having a spraybar directly to media like my first sump. Then 2 compartments for filter medias at and then the last for the pump. Hopefully it will look a lil something like my paint sketch. The only thing with my design I am wondering is if it will splash coming into the pump section or not? Comments would be greatly appreciate especially any forseen problems with the design. Red is plumbing and pump water flows from left to right.

SUmp.jpg

your on the right track but there is just one slight problem....

if the power goes out your sump is going to overflow and you will end up with water everywhere....

i would go for something more like this..

SUmp.jpg[/attachment:1a0se502]

Yeah I think I like benders idea the best just don't really want a drip tray and all that hoping to reduce noise as much as possible. Open cell foam and dacron ontop of bio balls in the 2nd compartment then matrix, crushed coral and purigen in the 3rd and I want to find a 50 micro filter pad to throw on the bottom of the 3rd compartment as well just for the extremely clear water. I hope I can fit a 3x15x15-18 tank under the stand then I can put a 300w jager diagonally under one of the media compartments instead of in the tank. I'll hear back about how much room I have underneith tomorrow night.

Sign in to follow this