sjn5188

Advice on buying Canister fillter,

Hi i am looking at up grading my canister filter in my 3ft tank, its just a cheap ebay 800l a hour one. But now the tank has a decent stocking of l numbers I want to get something that i can trust and if it breaks down i can get parts aswell. It also runs and internal ehiem 2010 pickup for the mechanical side of things. so the external part will mainly be for the biological side of filtering. So if anyone has any recommendation's it would be much appreciated.

What sort of stocking do you have of L-Numbers? I wonder if it is that you may need more room for the fish rather than needing a better filter?

800lph should be turning over the water 5-7 times and considering you also have the internal you would think that would be enough filtration.

Why do you think you need more filtration??

What sort of stocking do you have of L-Numbers? I wonder if it is that you may need more room for the fish rather than needing a better filter?

800lph should be turning over the water 5-7 times and considering you also have the internal you would think that would be enough filtration.

Why do you think you need more filtration??

I just want to get a better one then the cheap one I have. I didn't mean a bigger one, I just dont trust the one thats running it.

The dimensions are 3x15x18.