geo

feeding 8cm tapajos orange heads

Wondering what the best diet for these guys would be and the frequency for maximum growth. they are nearly 8months old roughly and i have been feeding them a mixture of spectrum, spectrum thera + and hikari, also superior brand blood worms though i hear blood worms are apparently not the best and hence want to change. I feed them morning, afternoon and night. what would you recommend in their diet to best accommodate their health and growth? will post some pics tomorrow.:confused:

what your feeding them is fine, no need to change the bloodworms up

just make sure they are small sinking pellets and the geos will thank you for it.

as for their growth, feed them every 4hrs and do 50%wc every day and that may help.

otherwise they can be slow growers, give them correct water conditions and they'll colour up nicely.

what your feeding them is fine, no need to change the bloodworms up

just make sure they are small sinking pellets and the geos will thank you for it.

as for their growth, feed them every 4hrs and do 50%wc every day and that may help.

otherwise they can be slow growers, give them correct water conditions and they'll colour up nicely.

Excellent news, just did a water change then. good about the blood worms also, would have been pretty cut with a freezer full of no good chum.. is there anything else that could be beneficial to them? frozen discus food?

Not really,

live Brine shrimp, black worms are a good treat for them.

If you want something to bring their colours out - tetra colorbites work well

heres another thread you should have a look at - http://www.qldaf.com/forums/photography-video-lounge-23/orange-head-growth-over-12-months-27833/

it shows the grow off a group of araguaia (a different orange head varient) growth over a yr, you can see they are quite plain to start with but they become beautiful fish

awesome, cool stuff. Mine are at the "july 20th" stage haha. Just starting to put their colours on. hopefully with the diet, water changes and i also got some purigen and matrix, they really start to shine. thanks cav

sorry to reopen but i have got 3 of these fish, still growing. but i am wondering if u feed them diced cucumber or zucchini, firstly how do u get it to sink (blanched) and secondly will they actually eat it.

i am still a noob at breeding and i do not have heaps of cash for foods etc.

I am using a tropical fish flake and bloodworms atm for them but when i have watched them eating the flake that spit it out. does that mean it is too big pieces? or they are just being fussy?

I have live daphina (water fleas) that i put in there last night but they dont seem to be "hunting" them, they where just eating off the floor, and the water fleas swim so yeah, or will they catch them at a later date?

any info would be great.

I feed all my goes NLS and occasionally frozen brineshrimp and live black worms. Mine do not touch the zucchini I put in there for the bristle nose and I never use cucumber.

I have had a Brachy, which I rescued, pass away recently from HITH. He was only being fed frozen bloodworms until he lived with me and it took a while before he began eating NLS.

I personally never feed any of my fish bloodworms as there are too many 'possible negatives' (or so I read).

oh ok cool so u think i wouldnt dice the zucchini just put it in there like a section cut in half (length ways) on a folk and they might peck at it?

also what is NLS :P i googled it but didnt really come back with enough info :(

My tapas peck at the zucchini sometimes, I don't know how much they love it. I think they just do it because the corys and pepps are eating it and they want to be greedy.

I just cut a long slice, put it in a cup of boiling water til it goes soft, scratch the surface with a fork (Don't know why I do this, I read it somewhere, think it's supposed to make it easier to eat) And then put it in a veggie clip and leave it on the bottom for 24 hours.

It's true that the fish seem to like it more the longer its in there. But never longer than 24 hours :)

I also feed mine New Life Spectrum sinking pellets (Thera A+ I think). It's more expensive but worth it.

I still feed three times a day when I can. Two times minimum :)