xsor

neon tetra and guppy in one tank.

Hi, I have neon tetra and guppy in one tank.

Questions:

1. What is the best food for it, I have Sera Flora [vegetable diet], but I think it’s not good for neons.

2. I have pair of guppy; also it is a lot of plant in aquarium, if my guppy breeding neon may be fast predators for fry.

Cheers,

p.s. also I’m interesting if you know a good place where I can get pair of guppy [looking for Green Cobra , or similar]

Hey mate, i feed my guppies and neons TetraMin flakes, they seem very happy with it, with the neons attacking the fry, for the best survival rate, you should take the fry out and put them in a fry saver or in a tank with no other fish in it to eat the fry, but if you have a heavily planted tank a few of the fry might survive. but if you are selective breeding, i would not recomend leaving the fry in tank.

Cheers

sera flora IMO is still one of the best foods on the market and more than satisfactory for all fish. The problem you have though is guppies like alkaline water and tetras like acidic water. Th guppy parents would be more threat than the neon for the fry as mothers give birth and turn and eat the fry straight away.