Fish Junkie

Paratheraps sp "Coatzacoalcos"

hey dave, i have one coming,

cichlidsdirect.com.au have one coming in the post for me.

ordered on sunday and should be here by friday, i paid $38 with postage, if quality is good i will let you know

does look like a lovely fish good find!

To me the pic Beaker posted looks nothing like the one Dave has pictured. The pic you posted comes up under about 4 different names when you google diff species.

I also don't think that it's the same fish as on the Cichlid Direct site.

Edited by DVS969

we will see in due time mate

as the one i pictures i admit is a bit more exotic than the actual expected fish

as is the fish belonging to aquamojo that are WC and high quality stock that are not avaui, here

however the same fish may be avail but the colour not as good.

Yeah i will say that Aquamojo seems to have the nicest Vieja's I have ever seen, No matter what type. Im keen to see it when you receive it but.

The main reason for me not thinking Beakers pic from his thread and this aren't the same is there isn't the spotting on the head and doesn't seem to have the same body colour that all the other pics of the "Paratheraps sp "Coatzacoalcos" I've seen.

Edited by DVS969

Definately either Coatzacoalcos or Hartwegi.

Marking of a Hartwegi but facial features of Coatzacoalcos IMO.

PARATHERAPS CHART

PARATHERAPS COATZACOALCOS

In pic two the fish behind is a small hartwegi and is completely different

I also have adults and 4/5cm babies spots are smaller and don't go right past the head

FJ

That fish has more defined spots than my female hartwegi.. If yours is hartwegi Dave will turn out a real nice fish.... I would hope my fry turn out like that lol.... But if lucks on your side and it is a coatzacoalcos Then mayb try these ones from cichlids direct I'll go you halves in a shipment lol free postage if you spend over 100 bucks lol

That fish has more defined spots than my female hartwegi.. If yours is hartwegi Dave will turn out a real nice fish.... I would hope my fry turn out like that lol.... But if lucks on your side and it is a coatzacoalcos Then mayb try these ones from cichlids direct I'll go you halves in a shipment lol free postage if you spend over 100 bucks lol

With there prices it's not hard to spend over $100 Will let you know