75shane

tea colour water

dont waste ya money on crappy chemicals, juss do ya regular water changes and she will be alright it juss ya timber leaching tannins into the water, my endler tank has looked like that for the last month, fresh drift juss come good today looks much better

if u waste money on the chemicals u will be like jimbooooooooooozed he makes funny stuff out fo the leftover residue

some turbocharger rocket blowing scooter :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The tannins from your wood that cause the tea colouration will eventually leach away with water changes, but as already suggested, Seachem Purigen is fantastic for controlling them if you like a beautifully clear tank.

If you keep soft-water tropicals like Americans or Asian species in the tank, tannins can be beneficial though as they generally soften the water (slightly).

if u waste money on the chemicals u will be like jimbooooooooooozed :

yes yes you will be handsome and cool.. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

my log leached tannins for over 6 months, the purigen helped speed up the clearing

purigen is a chemical based filtration media but not like actually pouring chemicals into the water to clear it

the less additives you use the better.

true true, the tannins wont hurt anything, but some people dont like the colour

time will always work, but some people are less patient.

i put purigen in my filter only as an extra media for water quality the fact it cleared the tannins was not expected but was however effective.

i dont use any additives at all in any of my tanks, unless i have to do an emergency water change, i might use "safe" to neutralise chlorine.

cmon you 2 you making a tear swell in my eye from all the love. :lol:

It all depends on the type of fish you have and what your personal preferance is for water. But it will clear in time. If you aren't interested in a quick method.