AButler

Insulating a two bay shed.

Hi all

Will be moving to our new house soon, with the fish to be placed into the two bay shed, looks like titan / total span etc two car garage. One side of the shed is shaded from the afternoon sun by a large tree, however most of the roof will be exposed throughout the day.

I'm thinking it will make things a little to hot for the fish, so I'd like to put some sort of insulation onto the underside of the roof to help reduce the heat transfer. To that end if anybody has done something similar it would be great if you could let me know the way in which you went about it.

Many thanks in advance

dulux actually make a heavy duty paint that reflex's heat from iron and dosen't allow transfer of heat. sorry i cant think of the name you can go into you dulux paint store and ask, alternatively 75mm polystyrene sheets liquid nails fast and that will give you about 3.2R insulation about the same as a new house has.

Build sheds myself, go the aircell and just screw it to your purlins as a long blanket up the walls, roof and let it sag onto your rollerdoors and fix to the underside of the doorheaders. Lap the lenghts about a 100mm try and tuck a bit between the slab and wall sheets. If need be run a support under the rollerdoors and hang the aircell from it. U should have about a 90%+ sealled shed.