hi all,

Are there enough collectors/breeders in Aus to set up a club, communication through forums mostly, maybe having one meeting/show a year capping off with an auction of stock to improve our networking and blood lines.

curious to know who would be interested

I reckon its a great idea mate...seems its something thats really lacking for this fish variety(I know the UK,US and Asia all have it covered whilst Australia has.....????)....count me in :)

hell I just finished doing tank cleaning,water changes etc and its 1 in the morning....I need somewhere to share my pain :)

man some of the goldfish auctions they have in other countries are awesome.....goldfish connection(google is your friend :)) is one that springs to mind...love to be involved in something like that....and other countries breeders are able to share bloodlines and actually strengthen their fish rather than just hope something good "turns up" from overseas with no idea wether its a "one off" or something from a reputable bloodline....the japanese are top of the game when it comes to the bloodlines...your lucky to get fish from reputable breeders there(they are in it for the love/culture more than the "sell out" angle and bloodlines carry family names)..we wont see em anyways due to import laws...but hello thailand(mr middle man to japan so we can get them with alot of hard work)....I envy the overseas standards/market with these guys and have always felt for a fish that has been around for over a century in our own backyard...its sure got some catching up to do here...

i always wanted to create an online auction site for fish in Australia, similar to goldfish connection. then anyone could get top quality fish no matter where you live, its pretty hard to get good fish up here, we have to drive to Adelaide or Melbourne to raid the pet stores kinda pot luck, a lot of disappointed days not finding a single decent fish. not to mention that my other half hates being dragged from pet store to pet store

I never thought I would have a goldfish fish tank in my house.. But my wife loves them and I think there growing on me too.. But talking about quality, I notice not much around. So something like this would be awesome!!